Harissa is a spicy, aromatic paste made from chilli and assorted other spices and It’s widely used in North African and Middle Eastern cuisines as a condiment, or mixed with water or tomato juice to flavour stews, soups or meat. You can also purchase Harissa as a dry spice which you can mix with olive oil.
12 x deboned chicken thighs
1 tbsp harissa rub
1 x clove garlic, chopped
2 tsp chopped coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
Juice of 1 lime
1 x tsp olive oil
6 x thick braai skewers
- Marinate the chicken with the harissa, garlic, coriander and lime. Season and rub all the ingredients into the chicken.
- Leave to stand for 2 hours, covered in the fridge.
- Make the kebabs, by running the skewer through the chicken thigh, so the skin is facing up. Use 2 thighs per kebab stick.
- Grill or braai for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with a fresh lime wedge.